At Drs. Fuhst-Wylie and Kahn-Family Dental Care, infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Since the Covid-19 Pandemic, we have adopted further safety measures as recommended by the American Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. We will follow the recommendations of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
Examples of our enhanced safety protocols:
- Daily temperature checks & COVID-19 screenings for all staff
- Patient temperature checks & COVID-19 screenings before office entry
- Hand sanitation upon entry
- Thoughtfully reduced & widely spaced patient visits
- Skip the waiting room & go directly to an isolated treatment room. We ask that you call us from the parking lot when you arrive and we will direct you in when we are ready for you.
During dental treatment:
- Anti-bacterial & virus mouth rinse before treatment to neutralize aerosols
- New in-mouth suction system from Releaf that greatly reduces aerosols
- N95 masks (or equivalent) & full coverage face shields
- frequent surface disinfection of commonly touched areas
- Regular use of Biological Indicator Test Kits for our sterilization devices (autoclaves)
Other important safety changes:
- HEPA air filtration systems in each treatment room and throughout the office
- Plexiglas barriers for separation
According to the CDC, to date, there have been zero transmissions of Covid-19 in a dental office. The health and safety of our patients and staff has always been our first priority. With our continued use of universal precautions in addition to our enhanced safety protocols in place, we feel confident that our patients can be treated in a safe environment.
Stay well and we look forward to seeing you soon,
Drs. Fuhst-Wylie and Kahn and Staff